Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nursery Re-O


I've been going through the house lately doing a little re-organizing. Prior to Ellery being born the nursery was neat, uncluttered, and organized. Now that she is almost 5 months (*tear*) old I have been able to see what systems have worked and what ones haven't. Additionally, we have accumulated even more stuff between Christmas, my shopping, etc etc! It was time for a re-organization spree and time to take out all the things that we are no longer using and decide what to give away and what to store for future babies.

I started by cleaning out and re-organizing the dresser. I hadn't been using that at all before she was born (everything was hung) and it was time to make it fully functional. I wanted to use the bottom drawer for diapers since I was sick of having the stuff sitting out on the floor. The middle drawer is being used for "play clothes" such as knit pants and onesie tops. The top drawers are (l) PJs and (r) socks! (sorry for the weird pictures...I have a new external flash and I'm learning how to use it!)

(socks on the left, tights on the right)

(these are her PJ "bags"... she looks so cute in them)

At the same time as doing the drawers, I pulled out everything that was too small for her and/or I didn't use anymore (such as an infant insert for one of the carriers I have, nursing pads, etc!). I created sorting bags by taking Trader Joe's bags and clipping labels to them with clothespins.

Then I went through and filled them!

Next, I re-organized/cleaned out her walk in closet... I organized the bookshelf & bins in the bookshelf (then labeled the bins)... and cleaned our/reorganized her hanging clothes. I added labels to separate sizes.


finally, I gave her bows & hats a home of their own (bow hanger is the same)...

It took me all day to do this...  probably because it was slow going with taking care/playing with Ellery ... oh and a quick vet visit in for our new kitten. It feels great though to have it done!!


No comments: