Today my mom came out to visit with me and e... she said she wanted me to have her do something that would be really helpful. I knew immediately what I wanted her to do (clean the floorboards) and she went right to work with a rag and a bucket of suds. She also cleaned the floor (the old fashioned way: on her hands and knees) while she was at it. A-Mazing.
While she did that I followed her around and did other To-Do's that have been on my list. Our house is a pretty open floor plan so it's easy to chit chat while we both went about our work (and of course, supervise and play with e who was either napping or busy playing).
My linen closet started out being quite organized but has gone downhill over the past 7 months. I knew it needed some sorting, folding, and possibly some pruning.
I forgot to take a "before" picture (convenient, I know).
Ta-Da!!!!
The green containers hold: 1 for pillow cases, 1 for rags or small gym type towels. The top right one holds our game cards/bananagrams etc. On the left side (from top to bottom skipping the very top shelf which has a set of curtains we are not using in this house and travel pillows): we have towels, sheets, and beach towels. There is a storage container on the bottom which holds old decorative pillow cases (I had that before).
1.5 sets of sheets were put in my (ever expanding) Goodwill pile. It took me a total of probably a half hour (mostly spend chatting and re folding sheets). I also have 2 big zip lock blanket bags (don't know how else to describe them) that hold extra duvets & covers for guests that are in the top level of our nursery closet.
Now, go do yours! It feels so good.
1 comment:
My Mom totally re organized my linen closet when she was here! Mom's are so amazing!
Post a Comment